What We Do Heading link
The Industrial Assessment Center is a Department of Energy funded program for trained staff and students to conduct energy and pollution assessments at mid-size industrial facilities. UIC is one of 28 centers across the nation.
What We Do
The Industrial Assessment Center is a team of staff and students that provides free energy and waste assessments to qualified industrial facilities. If your facility qualifies, our team will schedule a one day site assessment. Within 60 days, we will deliver a report on energy and pollution saving measures.
We serve facilities that:
- Are within Standard Industrial Codes (SIC) 20-39 and wastewater treatment plants
- Are located less than 150 miles away from UIC
- Have gross annual sales below $100 million
- Have fewer than 500 employees at the plant site
- Have annual energy bills more than $100,000 and less than $2.5 million
- Have no professional in-house staff to perform the assessment